‘I am loving Nia online. It’s keeping me moving and connected to others at this challenging time. I feel the effects for days afterwards and look forward to it as a highlight of my week!’
- Mondays 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Saturdays 9:30 – 10:30 am
Warburton Primary School
16 Horners Rd, Warburton
ON ZOOM WHILE IN LOCKDOWN
$15 or $20 for those who can afford it
Please get in touch if you’d like to join in.
DROP INS AND ALL ABILITIES WELCOME!!
What is Nia?
Inspired by the martial arts, dance arts and healing arts, Nia is a transformational movement practice anchored in body-centred awareness. Offering holistic conditioning and a connection to pleasure, Nia classes are suitable for every body, no experience necessary.
Santha has been a mover her whole life. Studying jazz ballet as a child, as an adult she performed flamenco, studied physical theatre via Le Coq, movement/performance improvisation with Theatre of the Ordinary and more recently West African dance in Ghana and Australia. She has been participating in Nia classes for the past 15 years. In July 2016 she successfully undertook her Nia White Belt training and immediately began teaching. She completed her Blue Belt Training in 2018 and has also taken intensives in Nia’s 52 Moves and Move to Heal training.
For updates join the Facebook Group:
For more information about Nia go to:
- Nia was created in 1983 by Debbie Rosas and Carlos AyaRosas
- Since 1983, Nia has helped more than 100,000 people get in their body
- Nia is a non-impact movement practice based on the idea that through movement we find health
- Nia combines movements and philosophies from martial arts, dance arts and healing arts
- Nia practice is done barefoot and set to diverse music from around the world
- Classes are taught in more than 45 countries – there are currently 2500 licensed Nia teachers
- Becoming a Nia teacher involves taking 4 intensive trainings that teach a total of 52 somatic principles for physical health and lifestyle well-being
- Nia Trainings are offered in countries around the world by an international training faculty